Kirk FR-2 Focusing Rail
For orders that qualify, FREE Expedited Shipping is available. Orders must be over $49.00 (excluding any discounts, tax and shipping costs) are have a shipping address within the contiguous 48 United States. FREE Shipping is not applicable for any international orders. More information about our international shipping policies can be obtained in our help center.
The FR-2 focusing stage from KES has been totally redesigned and re-engineered. The new rail is stronger, tougher, and more precise.
Super fine camera to subject focusing is achieved by the .042 per revolution stainless steel lead screw. The lead screw adjustment range is 4.250 in with a lead screw pitch of 5/16 in x 24.
Rough positioning can be done in one of two ways, by pressing the stage release lever on the FR-2 rail or by loosening the quick release clamp on the tripod head and sliding the rail in the jaws of the quick release.
Mounted on the FR-2 is a Kirk 2.5 inch quick release plate that can rotate 360 degrees at 90 degrees intervals to allow you to mount a camera body or a collared lens. If geared linear motion, in both the X an Y axes is trying to be achieved, a second FR-2 can be stacked to achieve this or use the new SRS-7 slide rail.
This focusing rail is perfect for macro nature, panorama, and commercial photography.
All materials used are aluminum or stainless steel and the FR-2 is completely machined and assembled in the USA.
- Arca style dovetail extends the full length of the FR-2 rail. The rail also offers industry standard 1/4-20 tripod sockets.
- The KES FR-2 rail has a standard knob style quick release that can
easily be rotated to accommodate a camera body or collared lens
- Fine adjustments are made with the stainless steel lead screw by turning the knobs at either end of the rail
- Large adjustments are made by pushing the stage release lever
- All parts are precision cnc machined in the USA from 6061T6 aluminum and
high grade stainless steel
Overall Length 8.624 in
Width 2.500 in
Height 2.250 in
Weight 22 oz
Lead screw adjustment range 4.250
Stage travel per revolution of lead screw is .042
Lead screw thread pitch 5/16 in x 24