In The Box:
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Front Lens Cap E-49
- Rear Lens Cap E
- Canon 1 Year Warranty
Canon U.S.A., a leader in digital imaging solutions, is proud to
announce the new lightweight and compact Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM standard lens.
Featuring a large maximum aperture of f/1.8, this single focal length lens
(which has an effective focal length of 80mm when attached to an EOS camera with
an APS-C sensor such as the EOS Rebel T6i) is ideal for creating portraits with
beautiful, soft-blurred backgrounds.
• Compact, lightweight, fixed focal length standard lens for EOS cameras
• Large f/1.8 maximum aperture
• 80mm effective focal length when attached to EOS cameras with APS-C sensors
• Canon STM gear type stepping motor technology provides quiet autofocusing to support Canon's EOS Movie Servo AF function
• Improved exterior design including new focus ring placement makes it the most compact Canon EF 50mm lens ever
• New metal mount for stability and ruggedness
• Super Spectra Coating for minimized ghosting and flaring
• Circular seven blade aperture
• 14-inch minimum focusing distance
• 0.21x maximum magnification
It's also ideal for low-light photography and night scenes. Now incorporating Canon's proprietary STM stepping motor technology, this new lens supports Canon's EOS Movie Servo AF (autofocus) function to provide smooth and quiet continuous AF during video recording, as well as when capturing still photos.
The new Canon EF 50mm f/1.8mm STM lens is excellent for entry-level and advanced amateur photographers, as well as users looking to capture video. Featuring an improved exterior design, including a new focus ring placement, it provides photographers with the most compact Canon EF 50mm lens ever, at just 1.5 inches in length. In addition, this new lens uses a metal mount providing additional stability and ruggedness compared to its predecessor.
Composed of six elements in five groups, the new Canon EF 50mm f/1.8mm STM lens features an optimized lens placement and Super Spectra Coating (SSC), translating into less ghosting and flaring than the previous model, while at the same time helping to enhance light transmission and optimize color reproduction accuracy.
The new lens features a seven blade circular aperture, improved from the predecessor's five blade non-circular aperture, helping to deliver a more visually appealing blurring effect, and producing sharp images of subjects that truly stand out against beautiful, soft backgrounds. The minimum focusing distance for the lens has been shortened to 1.1 feet from 1.5 feet with a maximum magnification of 0.21x, allowing for more creative close-up photos and videos.