High-power 4.3x Telephoto Zoom-Nikkor lens (Approximates the picture angle performance of a 105-450mm lens on 35mm SLR).
Vibration Reduction (VRII) minimizes the effects of camera shake allowing photographers to shoot handheld at as many as 4 shutter speeds slower* than would otherwise be possible, assuring dramatically sharper images. * When used on Nikon DX format DSLR
Two Nikon Extra-Low Dispersion (ED) glass elements deliver superior optical performance for both digital and 35mm photography. ED glass minimizes chromatic aberrations, contributing to superb contrast and resolution performance.
Internal Focus (IF) provides fast and quiet auto focusing without changing the length of the lens, retaining subject-working distance through the focus range.
Focus as close as 4.9 ft throughout entire zoom range.
Non-Rotating front element provides for convenient use of circular polarizing filters and the Nikon Wireless Close-Up Speedlight System.
A Silent Wave Motor (SWM) enables fast and quiet autofocusing, along with quick switching between autofocus and manual operation (M/A and M).
A nine-blade rounded diaphragm opening, out-of-focus elements appear more natural.
67mm filter attachment size.
- Type of lens : G-Type AF-S Zoom-Nikkor lens with built - in CPU and Nikon bayonet mount
- Focal length: 70-300mm (Approximates the picture angle performance of a 105-450mm 35mm SLR)
- Maximum aperture: f/4.5-5.6
- Lens construction: 17 elements in 12 groups (with 2 ED glass elements)
- Picture angle : 34 degrees 20 feet- 8 degrees 10 feet (22 degrees 50 feet Â– 5 degrees 20 feet with Nikon DX format digital SLR cameras)
- Focal length: scale 70, 100, 135, 200, 300mm
- Distance information: Output to camera body
- Zoom control: Manually via zoom ring
- Focusing: Nikon Internal Focusing (IF) system utilizing an internal Silent Wave Motor; manually via focusing ring
- Vibration reduction: Lens-shift method using voice coil motors (VCMs)
- Closest focus distance: 4.9 feet (1.5m) at all zoom settings
- No. of diaphragm blades: 9 (rounded)
- Diaphragm: Fully automatic
- Aperture range: f/4.5 to f/32 (at 70mm), f/5.6 to f/40 (at 300mm)
- Exposure measurement : Via full-aperture method
- Filter/attachment size: 67mm
- Focus method: Ring SWM
- Dimensions: (approx.) 3.1 x 5.6 in. (80 x 143.5mm)
- Weight: (approx.) 26.3 oz (745g)
- Included accessories: LC-67 67mm snap-on front lens cap, LF-1 rear lens cap, HB-36 bayonet hood, CL-1022 flexible lens pouch
- Optional accessories: 67mm screw-in filters, including circular polarizing filter