Update of one of Nikon's most respected NIKKOR lenses delivers sharp images and its fast maximum aperture ensures a bright viewfinder image as well as beautiful background blur. The moderate wide angle capability of the lens is suitable for interiors, weddings, photojournalism and landscape photography.
- FX-format, ultra-fast classic wide-angle lens Update of one of Nikon's most respected NIKKOR lenses; suitable for landscapes, night scenes, interiors, weddings, photojournalism and astrophotography.
- Nano Crystal Coat Use of Nano Crystal Coat further reduces ghosting and interior flare across a wide range of wavelengths for even greater image clarity.
- Optimized for edge to edge sharpness on both FX and DX-format D-SLRs DX-format D-SLR the angle of view is equivalent to a focal length of 52.5mm in FX/35mm format.
- Aspherical Lens Element Aspherical lens element virtually eliminates coma and other types of aberration, even when shooting at the widest available aperture.
- Rear Focus (RF) Provides smooth and fast autofocus while eliminating front barrel rotation and lens length changes.
- M/A Focus Mode Switch Enables quick changes between manual and autofocus operation. Now enhanced with a refined MF driving mechanism to reduce focus time lag and improve ease of use in M/A mode.
- Exclusive Nikon Silent Wave Motor (SWM) Enables fast, accurate and quiet autofocus.
- Nikon Super Integrated Coating (SIC) Enhances light transmission efficiency and offers superior color consistency and reduced flare
- Rounded 9-Blade Diaphragm Renders a more natural appearance to out-of-focus image elements.
|F stop range||1.4-16|
|Construction||7 Groups / 10 Elements|
|Maximum Angle of View (DX-format)||44°|
|Maximum Angle of View (FX-format)||63°|
|Closest Focusing Distance||0.98 ft./ 0.30 m|
|Maximum Reproduction Ratio||0.2x|
|Nano Crystal Coat||Yes|
|Aspherical Lens Element||1 Glass Element|
|Focusing||Autofocus with Silent Wave Motor (SWM) and manual focus|
|Rear Focus (RF)||Yes|
|Aperture Control||Via camera Command Dial|
|Diaphragm Blades||9 (rounded)|
|Dimensions Diameter x Length)||(Approx.) 3.27x 3.52 in. / 83 x 89.5 mm|
|Weight||(Approx.) 21.2 oz / 600g|