Nikon 24mm F1.8G ED AF-S Nikkor Lens
Retail Store StockBelow are the stock details for each of the District Camera retail stores.
Online = yes
* Burke, VA = yes
* Washington, DC = no
* Arlington, VA = no
For orders that qualify, FREE Expedited Shipping is available. Orders must be over $49.00 (excluding any discounts, tax and shipping costs) are have a shipping address within the contiguous 48 United States. FREE Shipping is not applicable for any international orders. More information about our international shipping policies can be obtained in our help center.
In The Box:
- HB-76 Bayonet Lens Hood
- LC-72 Snap-on Front Lens Cap
- LF-4 Rear Lens Cap
- CL-1015 Semi-Soft Lens Case
- Nikon 5 Year USA Warranty (1 Year International + 4 Year USA Extension)
The AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED is the latest addition to the exceptional
system of NIKKOR f/1.8 primes, and provides enthusiast photographers with a fast
wide-angle prime lens that's both lightweight and affordable. This new lens lets
photographers immerse viewers into landscapes, interiors and architecture with
amazing clarity and minimal distortion, while a fast maximum aperture delivers
superb bokeh and excellent low-light ability. Whether a photographer's passion
is capturing environmental portraits or the delicious details of a meal, this
lens creates a dramatic separation between subject and background.
The new NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8 complements Nikon's high-resolution DSLRs and provides amazing image quality thanks to Nikon lens technologies including Nikon's exclusive Nano Crystal Coat. Additionally, this compact lens features ED and Aspherical lens elements for extreme sharpness while minimizing ghosting and flare.
- Next-level optical performance: The AF-S NIKKOR 24mm f/1.8G ED's combination of Nano Crystal Coat (N), Extra-low Dispersion (ED)glass and Aspherical (AS) lens elements produces extreme sharpness with virtually no ghosting, flare or distortion even at the far edges of the frame. Marvel at every photo and video.
- Versatility and speed: The combination of wide-angle perspective and a fast f/1.8 aperture opens exciting new shooting possibilities. Make your subject pop against a softly blurred background or foreground. Exaggerate depth-of-field simply by getting closer to your subject.
- Aspherical Lens: A lens with a curved, non-spherical surface. Used to reduce aberrations and enable a more compact lens size. Aspherical lenses minimize coma and other typesof lens aberrations, even when used at the widest aperture.
- ED (Extra-Low Dispersion) Glass: An optical glass developed by Nikon that is used with normal optical glass in telephoto lenses to obtain optimum correction of chromatic aberrations.
- HRI: HRI stands for High Refractive Index Lens. With a refractive index of more than 2.0, one HRI lens can offer effects equivalent to those obtained with several normal glass elements and can compensate for both field curvature and spherical aberrations. Therefore, HRI lenses achieve great optical performance in an even more compact body.
- IF Lens: A NIKKOR lens in which only the internal lens group shifts during focusing. Thus, IF NIKKORS do not change in size during AF operation, allowing for compact, lightweight lenses capable of closer focusing distances. These lenses will be designated with the abbreviation IF on the lens barrel.
- M/A: Select NIKKOR lenses have a focusing mode which allows switching from automatic to manual focusing with virtually no lag time by simply turning the focusing ring on the lens. This makes it possible to seamlessly switch to fine manual focusing while looking through the viewfinder.
- Nano Crystal Coat: An anti-reflective coating developed by Nikon that virtually eliminates internallens element reflections across a wide range of wavelengths. Nano Crystal Coat solves ghost effects caused by red light and effectively reduces ghost and flarecaused by light entering the lens diagonally.
- Silent Wave Motor: AF-S NIKKOR lenses feature Nikon's Silent Wave Motor (SWM), which represents a significant advance in AF lens technology. SWM uses ultrasonic vibrations ratherthan a gear system to focus the lens, providing incredibly smooth, silent and precise autofocus operation.
- Super Integrated Coating: Nikon Super Integrated Coating is Nikon's term for its multilayer coating of theoptical elements in NIKKOR lenses.
- Rear Focusing System: A system in which only the rear lens group moves during focusing, thus eliminating changes in the physical length of the lens during focusing and enabling faster focusing. Such lenses are designated with RF on the lens barrel
84 degrees (Nikon FX-format)