- Pentax K-5 II Camera
- DA 18-55 WR Lens
- USB Cable I-USB7
- AV Cable I-AVC7
- Li-Ion Battery D-LI90
- Battery Charger Kit K-BC90
- Camera Strap O-ST132
- Hotshoe Cover FK
- Eyecup FR
- Body Mount Cover
- Finder Cap for ME
- Focusing Screen MF-60 Frame Matte
- PC Socket Cap
- Software CD-ROM S-SW132
Great just got better! The Pentax K-5 II takes greatness to the next level. Its high resolution sensor, highly advanced autofocus system and accurate shake reduction system coupled with its weather sealed coldproof design ensure that this camera is worthy of fixation. With features this rich and robust the K-5 II is sure to feed your photography obsession and take you to the next level.
- 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor: High resolution 16.3 megapixel CMOS sensor with integrated Analog to Digital (AD) conversion circuitry captures outstanding image detail with pixels to spare.
- Rugged design: Durable magnesium alloy covers surround a rugged stainless steel chassis.
- Shake reduction: PENTAX body-based Shake Reduction (SR) stabilization system is compatible with every PENTAX lens ever made.
- 11 point SAFOX X autofocus system: New, highly advanced and accurate 11 point SAFOX X autofocus system offers the widest EV focus range in its class and is ideal for focusing in low conditions, as low as -3EV.
- Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD: Air-gap-free, scratch resistant, 3 inch LCD with 921,000 dots of resolution offers a premium image review experience by eliminating the gap typically found between the LCD screen and screen cover, giving a brighter and sharper image.
- 1080p HD video: Capture widescreen HD video with stunning detail at full 1080p resolution and 25 FPS, including sound via a built-in or external 3.5mm stereo microphone jack.
- 100% field of view: High quality glass pentaprism viewfinder features 100% field of view and 0.92X magnification, for perfect framing accuracy.
- HDMI port: An HDMI port outputs high definition images, video and sound to HDTVs.
- HDR image capture: Improved in-camera HDR image capture features more blending options and better pixel registration for easier operation without a tripod.
- Built-in electronic level: Built-in electronic level now features a tilt scale display in Live View.
- Special effects filters: A wide range of in-camera image processing and special effects filters encourages the photographer's artistic expression.
- 80-51200 ISO: High sensitivity 80-51200 ISO range with improved noise performance throughout, including ISO-specific noise reduction.
- 7 FPS: Speedy 7 FPS framerate captures fast action shots in demanding situations.
- 77 segment metering system: Highly accurate 77 segment metering system for perfectly exposed images even in difficult lighting.
- 1/8000 shutter speed: A maximum 1/8000 second shutter speed freezes even the fastest action without subject movement blur.
|Camera Type||Digital SLR|
|Sensor Type||CMOS w primary color filter and integrated Shake/Dust Reduction sensor movement system|
|Pixels||Effective pixels: 16.3 MP
Total pixels: 16.9 MP
|Recorded Resolutions||Still: 16M (4928x3264), 10M (3936x2624), 6M
(3072x2048), 2M (1728x1152)
Movie (resolution/FPS): 1920x1080p25, 1280x720p30/25, 640x480p30/25
Quality levels: Premium, Best, Better, Good
|Dust Removal||DR II (ultrasonic vibration to low pass filter) with Dust Alert function|
|Lens Mount||Type/construction: PENTAX KAF2 bayonet stainless
Usable lenses: PENTAX KAF3, KAF2, KAF, and KA (K mount, 35mm screwmount, 645/67 med format lenses useable w adapter and/or restrictions)
SDM function: Yes
Power zoom function: Yes
|Focus||Type: SAFOX X TTL phase-difference 11 point (9 cross)
wide autofocus system with light wavelength sensor
Focus modes: AF Single (w focus lock, focus/shutter priority selectable), AF Continuous (w focus/FPS priority selectable), Manual
Focus point adjustment: Auto 11 Point, Auto 5 Point, User-Selectable, Center
AF assist: Yes, via dedicated LED AF assist lamp
Coverage (field of view): 100%
Magnification: 0.92X (w 50mm F1.4 at infinity)
Standard focusing screen: Natural-Bright-Matte III (interchangeable)
Diopter adjustment: -2.5m to 1.5m
Depth of field preview: Optical (diaphragm stop-down), Digital
|LCD Monitor||Type: 3.0" TFT color LCD with brightness/color
adjustment and AR coating
Resolution: 921,000 dots
Wide angle viewable: Yes
|Live View||Type: TTL by CMOS image sensor
Field Of View: 100%
Display Modes: Magnification (2-6X AF, 2-10X MF), Grid Overlay (4x4, Golden Ratio, Scale), Bright/Dark Indication, Histogram
Autofocus: Yes, Contrast + Face Detection, Contrast Detection, Phase Difference
|Built-in Flash||Type: Retractable P-TTL popup flash
Guide number: 13m (ISO 100)
Coverage: 28mm wide angle (equiv 35mm)
Flash modes: On, Redeye, Slow Sync, Slow Sync + Redeye, Trailing Curtain Sync, Wireless
Flash exposure compensation: -2 to 1 EV (1/2 steps)
|External Flash||Type: Hotshoe (P-TTL), high speed sync and wireless w
PENTAX dedicated flash, X-Sync Socket
Synchronization speed: 1/180 sec
|Storage Media||Internal memory: n/a
Removable memory: SD, SDHC, SDXC (via firmware update)
|Interfaces||Ports: USB 2.0 hi-speed, AV out, HDMI out, DC in,
cable switch, 3.5mm stereo microphone, X-sync socket
Video out: HD (via HDMI), NTSC, PAL
Printer interfaces: n/a
|Language Support||English, French, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Italian, Dutch, Danish, Swedish, Finnish, Polish, Czech, Hungarian, Turkish, Greek, Russian, Korean, Chinese (Simplified/Traditional), Japanese|
|Image Stabilization||Type: Sensor-Shift Shake Reduction with rotational
compensation (4 stops max)
Electronic level function: Yes, verification via viewfinder and LCD panel
|Metering System||Type: TTL open-aperture 77 segment metering
Sensitivity range: EV 0 to 22 (ISO 100, 50mm F1.4)
Multi-segment: Yes (77 segments)
Center weighted: Yes
Exposure compensation: +/- 5 EV (1/3 and 1/2 steps)
Exposure lock: Yes
Exposure bracketing: Yes (2, 3, or 5 frames, up to +/- 2 EV in 1/3 or 1/2 steps)
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto: ISO 100-12800 (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps), expandable
to ISO 80-51200, Bulb mode up to ISO 1600, auto ISO range selectable
Manual: 100-12800 (1, 1/2, 1/3 steps), expandable to ISO 80-51200, Bulb mode up to ISO 1600
|White Balance||Auto preset modes: Auto, Daylight, Shade, Cloudy,
Fluorescent (D, N, W, L), Tungsten, Flash, CTE
Manual mode(s): Yes, 3 manual and 3 Kelvin temperature presets available, copy WB settings from a captured image available
WB fine adjustment available in all modes
|Shutter||Type: Electronically controlled, vertical-run, focal
Shutter speed: 1/8000 to 30 sec (1/3 or 1/2 steps), Bulb
|Mode Selection||Green, Hyper Program (P), Sensitivity Priority (Sv), Shutter Priority (Tv), Aperture Priority (Av), Shutter & Aperture Priority (TAv), Metered Manual, Bulb, X-Speed, USER (5 presets), Movie|
|Custom Image Modes||Bright, Natural, Portrait, Landscape, Vibrant, Muted, Monochrome, Reversal Film, Bleach Bypass|
|Fine Tuning||Gamut radar and fine adjustment of saturation, hue, high/low key, contrast, and sharpness (regular and fine adjustment scales). Monochrome mode includes adjustments for filter effects (green, yellow, orange, red, magenta, blue, cyan,infrared), toning (sepia, warm/cool), high/low key, contrast, and sharpness (regular, fine, and extra sharp adjustment scales).|
|Green Simplified Mode Available||Yes
P/A/S/M/B: P, A, S, M, B (extended modes Sv, TAv)
|Digital Filters (capture)||Toy Camera, Retro, High Contrast, Extract Color, Soft, Starburst, Fisheye, Custom|
|Data Record||Folder name (standard, date), file name (standard, customizable), embed copyright|
|Mode Selection Capture||Single, Continuous (Hi, Lo), Self-Timer (12s, 2s), Remote (0s, 3s, continuous), Auto Bracketing (standard, timer, remote), MLU (standard, remote), HDR Capture (+3, 0, -3 with 5 blend settings and pixel alignment), Multi-Exposure (2-9 shots), Interval (999 shots, 1 sec to 24 hrs, time delay available)|
|Continuous FPS||Continuous Hi: Approx 7.0 FPS (30 JPG, 8 RAW)
Continuous Lo: Approx 1.6 FPS (unlimited JPG, 10 RAW)
|Self-timer||Yes (12s, 2s)|
|Remote Control||Yes, infrared (0s, 3s, continuous), cable switch|
|Mode Selection Playback||One Shot (no data, basic data, full data, color channel histogram, bright/dark indication, copyright info), Multi Image Display (4, 9, 16, 36, 81 thumbnails), Calendar Filmstrip, Folder, Magnification, Select & Delete, Movie Playback (no data, basic data, full data), Save RAW Data From JPG (if available in buffer memory)|
|Mode Pallet Playback||Image Rotation, Digital Filter, Resize, Cropping, Slideshow, Save as Manual WB, RAW Development, Index Print, Image Comparison, Protect, DPOF, Movie Edit, Extract JPG from Movie|
|Magnification Playback||Up to 32X, scrollable, quick magnification)|
|Digital Filters Playback||Toy Camera, Monochrome (filter, toning), Retro, Color, High Contrast, Soft, Extract Color, Starburst, Sketch, Watercolor, Fisheye, Pastel, Slim, Miniature, HDR, Posterization, Base Parameter Adj, Custom|
|File Formats||Still: RAW (PEF, DNG), JPG (EXIF 2.21), DCF 2.0 compliant, DPOF, PIM III Movie (compression): AVI (Motion JPG)|
|Custom Functions||Functions available: 27|
|Computer System Requirements||Windows: Windows XP (SP3 or later)/Vista/7, (can be
run as 32-bit in x64 Win) USB 2.0 port
Mac: MacOS-X 10.4.11, 10.5 or 10.6 USB 2.0 port
For device connectivity. Bundled software requirements may vary
|Power Source||Rechargeable Li-Ion battery D-LI90, D-BG4 Battery Grip (optional) for 2nd D-LI90 battery or 6X AA batteries|
|Battery Recordable Images||Approx 980 (approx 740 w 50% flash, CIPA)|
|Battery Playback Time||Approx 440 min|
|Battery Movie Recording Time||Approx 25 min (automatic overheat shutdown protection)|
|AC Adapter Available||Yes (optional)|
|Construction||Magnesium alloy shell over stainless steel chassis|
|Weather Resistant||Yes (77 weather protection seals)|
|Operating Temperature||14-104°F (-10 to 40°C)|
|Body Dimensions WxHxD||5.2 x 3.8 x 2.9" (132 x 96.5 x 73.7mm)|
|Weight||23.3 oz (660.5g) without battery or removable memory
26.1 oz (739.9g) Loaded and ready