BUNDLE & SAVE PROMOTION - Purchase qualifying lenses at same time and SAVE UP TO $1,300 - Click for details
Sleek and stylish, the PEN E-PL9 from Olympus is a Micro Four Thirds mirrorless camera defined by its versatile imaging capabilities and variety of in-camera creative controls. Using a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor and TruePic VIII image processor, a quick continuous shooting rate of 8.6 fps benefits working with moving subjects while a top sensitivity of ISO 25600 suits working in low-light conditions. Beyond stills shooting, UHD 4K30p video recording is also supported along with high-speed HD 720p120 recording for slow-motion playback. Benefitting both photo and movie applications, a 121-area FAST autofocus system is both quick and accurate, and works in conjunction with the rear touchscreen for touch-to-focus control. Additionally, 3-axis sensor-shift image stabilization is also featured to reduce the appearance of camera shake by 3.5 stops for sharper handheld shooting.
Beyond the imaging capabilities, the E-PL9 also distinguishes itself through its stylish exterior, which integrates a compact right hand grip, clean lines, a comfortable black leatherette wrap, and a foil stamped Olympus logo on the front. Matching intent of the opulent exterior, the camera is also configured for the selfie enthusiasts out there, with the inclusion of a 3.0" 1.04m-dot 180° tilting touchscreen LCD. For easier control when making front-facing portraits, Touch Shutter lets you simply tap to focus and shoot and a variety of in-camera Art Filters can also be applied to creatively enhance the look of your images. Additionally, the camera is also fitted with built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth for wireless image sharing and remote camera control from a linked smartphone or tablet.
- 16.1MP Live MOS Sensor and TruePic VII Image Processor
- Featuring a 16.1MP Live MOS sensor, along with the same TruePic VIII image processor featured in the flagship OM-D E-M1 Mark II, the E-PL9 is capable of recording high-resolution stills and UHD 4K30p video with sensitivities up to ISO 25600. The processing speed also avails a full-resolution continuous shooting rate of 8.6 fps, a 4.3 fps shooting rate when working with the anti-shock electronic first curtain shutter, and a 14.1 fps rate when working in silent sequential mode.
- FAST Autofocus System
- Benefitting both stills and video, a contrast-detection focusing
method employs 121 AF areas across the entire sensor to quickly and
accurately acquire focus. Aptly named, FAST (Frequency Acceleration
Sensor Technology) is able to home in on subjects using single-shot or
continuous focusing methods, as well as AF tracking to benefit working
with moving subjects. In addition, there is Face Detection/Eye Detection
AF which prioritizes focus on a subject's face and eyes.
When working with manual focus, focus peaking is available to simplify attaining precise sharpness, which is especially useful when using selective focus or shallow depth of field techniques.
- 3-Axis Sensor-Shift Image Stabilization
- In-body sensor-shift image stabilization helps to minimize the appearance of camera shake by up to 3.5 stops with any lens in use. Furthermore, this unique image stabilization system works across three axes and compensates for vertical and horizontal shifts (yaw and pitch) as well as camera shake along the optical axis (roll). This range of detected movements suits both stills and video recording, and electronic image stabilization can also be used to further benefit video recording.
- Body Design and Wireless Connectivity
- A large 3.0" 1.04m-dot touchscreen LCD is available for intuitive control over image composition, settings, and playback, and the screen also has an 80° upward, 180° downward tilting design for making front-facing selfies, or just working from a variety of angles.
- The touchscreen enables the Touch Shutter function for simply tapping on the screen to both focus and release the shutter.
- The exterior of the camera body is wrapped in a black leatherette for a traditional feel and the Olympus PEN logo has been foil stamped on the front of the camera body.
- Built-in pop-up flash provides additional illumination when working in low-light conditions. A hot shoe can also accommodate an optional external flash.
- The included BLS-50 rechargeable lithium-ion battery provides approximately 350 shots per charge.
- Built-in Wi-Fi and Bluetooth permit seamlessly connecting a smartphone or tablet to the camera, which then enables you to wirelessly share imagery and remotely control the camera.
Total number of pixels: 17.2 million pixels (Approx.)
RAW + JPEG
3840 x 2160 (4K) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (approx. 102 Mbps)
1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
1920 x 1080 (FHD) / 60p, 50p / IPB (SF, F, N)
1280 x 720 (HD) / 30p, 25p, 24p / IPB (SF, F, N)
60p: 59.94 fps, 50p: 50.00 fps, 30p: 29.97 fps, 25p: 25.00 fps, 24p: 23.98 fps
FHD IPB (SF: Super Fine / approx. 52 Mbps, F: Fine / approx. 30 Mbps, N: Normal / approx. 18 Mbps)
HD IPB (SF: Super Fine / approx. 26Mbps, F: Fine/approx. 14Mbps, N: Normal/approx.10Mbps)
Downward tilting angle: up to 180 degrees
Bulb/Live Time: Max. 30 min. (selectable in menu settings, with 8-min. default setting)
Live composite: Max. 3 hours
Electronic first curtain shutter (Anti-shock mode) : 1/320 - 60 sec
Electronic shutter (Silent mode): 1/16000 - 60 sec
[Manual ISO]: LOW (approx.100), 200 - 25600 (adjustable in 1/3 steps)
[Sequential shooting L mode] approx. 4.8 fps
[Anti-shock sequential shooting L mode] approx. 4.3 fps
[Silent sequential shooting H] approx. 14.1 fps
[Silent sequential shooting L] approx. 6.1 fps
(Actual sequential shooting speeds may vary depending on lens attached, camera settings, and external shooting conditions)
332g (11.71 oz) (body only)