Fujifilm 16-55mm f/2.8 XF R LM WR Lens
Retail Store StockBelow are the stock details for each of the District Camera retail stores.
Online = yes
* Burke, VA = yes
* Washington, DC = no
* Arlington, VA = yes
For orders that qualify, FREE Expedited Shipping is available. Orders must be over $49.00 (excluding any discounts, tax and shipping costs) are have a shipping address within the contiguous 48 United States. FREE Shipping is not applicable for any international orders. More information about our international shipping policies can be obtained in our help center.
In The Box:
- Fujifilm XF16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR Lens
- Lens cap
The weather-resistant zoom lens XF16-55mm F2.8 R LM WR is a flagship "XF standard zoom lens" with a focal length equivalent to 24mm to 84mm, and a constant F2.8 aperture throughout the range. The advanced optical design controls various forms of aberration to achieve edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range.
The advanced optical design controls various forms of aberration to achieve
edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range. The use of a
newly-developed Nano-GI* (Gradient Index) coating technology effectively
inhibits ghosting and flare, producing clear images. This is a convenient
standard zoom lens that covers a wide range of shooting scenes from the
wide-angle 24mm equivalent suitable for landscape photography, to the
medium-telephoto 84mm equivalent, ideal for portraiture.
The XF16-55mm lens is driven with a linear motor, allowing comfortable shooting with fast, quiet autofocusing. Featuring a weather resistant and dust-resistant finish that can work in temperatures as low as -10°C and can be paired with the "FUJIFILM X-T1" premium mirrorless camera to take advantage of the fully weather-resistant system .
Optically designed to draw out the maximum
image quality as a flagship standard zoom lens
• In order to achieve the best-in-class image quality, the fast standard zoom lens with a constant aperture of F2.8 consists of 17 elements in 12 groups. This includes three aspherical lens elements to control spherical aberration and distortion, and three ED glass lens elements to reduce lateral chromatic aberration (wide-angle) and axial chromatic aberration (telephoto), thereby achieving edge-to-edge sharpness across the entire zoom range.
• Applying Fujifilm's unique HT-EBC (High Transmittance Electron Beam Coating) to the entire area of the lens surface ensures ghosting and flare are controlled for sharp, clear images. Also, using the newly developed Nano-GI coating technology, which alters the refractive index between glass and air, ghosting and flare are effectively reduced for diagonal incident light.
• Nine rounded aperture blades create a smooth, circular bokeh. The suppression of spherical aberration to the ultimate extent contributes to produce beautiful bokeh at both the front and back
• By combining this lens with an X Series camera body with Lens Modulation Optimiser (LMO) technology, the performance from the lens is improved even further. LMO corrects for diffraction*4 to produce images with edge-to-edge sharpness and create a realistic three-dimensional effect, even at small apertures
High-speed, quiet auto focus thanks to the
• An Inner Focusing System*5 is used for high-speed AF. By reducing the weight of the focus lens and mounting the Twin Linear Motor, high-speed, quiet AF is possible. The fastest AF speed of 0.06 seconds brings comfort to your photo-shoot when by combining this lens with an X Series camera body** offering Phase Detection AF. Combined with the near-silent shutter sound, photos can be taken unnoticed in quiet locations.
• As AF operates using a signal from the imaging sensor, extremely high-precision focusing is possible.
Weather resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation
With weather-sealing at 14 locations, the lens is weather-resistant, dust-resistant and -10°C low-temperature operation, making it the perfect companion for the X-T1, which has the same levels of protection.
build quality and comfortable operation
• Both the focus and aperture rings are metal, plus metal is also used on the exterior of the lens body for a high-quality finish. Thanks to long-term experience and broaden knowhow for other top-end professional lens fields such as Broadcasting and Cinema Scope, the texture and torque on the rings makes for comfortable shooting even for delicate manual focusing. The lens mount is made from brass for improved strength.
• Combined with a camera body, the lens is approximately 60% of the weight of a full-size system*6, considerably reducing the burden on the photographer for astonishing ease of use.
|Camera Mount Type||Fujifilm X mount|
|Construction||17 elements 12 groups (includes 3 aspherical and 3 extra low dispersion elements?|
|Focal Length||f=16-55mm (24-84mm)|
|Angle of View||83.2°-29°|
|Aperture Blades/Stop Size||9 (rounded diaphragm opening) 1/3 EV (19 stops)|
|Focus Range||Normal 0.6m - infinity (whole zoom position)
Macro 30cm - 10m Wide / 40cm - 10m (Telephoto)
|Max Magnification||.16x Telephoto|
|Dimension (Diameter x Length)||3.27 x 5.07" / 83.3 x 129.5mm|
|Weight||23 oz / 655g|
If you own this product, please write a review for it. The Review should be helpful to other Shoppers and reflect your own experience with this product.