The Powerful All-round Wide-Angle Lens (with CPU) provides superior wide-angle performance combined with extreme close-up potential: a MOD (minimum object distance) of only 6 cm from the front element! Impressive sharpness. Long-life all-metal barrel of very high precision.
The Zeiss ZF.2 lenses support all key modes (e.g. aperture priority, shutter priority, program AE or manual exposure settings) on camera models equipped with an electronic interface (e.g. current Nikon DSLR cameras).
To do so, simply lock the aperture ring in the largest f-stop
On camera models without an electronic interface, the aperture is manually set on the lens aperture ring. With some camera models, it is possible to set in the menu whether the lens should be selected using the setting dial on the camera or the aperture ring on the lens. Please note that, for technical reasons, there is no halfway notch between the largest and second largest f-stop.
The focused distance is
not transmitted to the camera body.
For details regarding metering modes and further functions, please check the camera´s manual.
- ZF.2 Support all-important operations such as the automatic exposure for shutter priority, aperture priority and program modes
- The CPU also supports manual exposure settings, including those for camera casings that are not AI-compatible.
- The lens now transmits the EXIF data such as manufacturer, date, metering system and exposure settings
- Superior wide-angle performance combined with extreme close-up potential: a MOD (minimum object distance) of only 6 cm from the front element!
- Impressive sharpness; clearly beyond even the best color films available today
|Focal Length||25.7 mm|
|Aperture range||f/2.8 - f/22 (1/2 steps)|
|Focusing range||0.17 m - infinity|
|Coverage at close range||56 x 85 mm|
|Number of elements/groups||10 / 8|
|Angular field (diag./horiz.)||80.2 / 70°|
|Filter-Mount||M58 x 0.75 (58mm)|