PANASONIC LUMIX digital cameras are full of innovation for both traditional and modern camera enthusiasts. The LUMIX ZS100 brings together the visual performance of a large 1" sensor and the legendary optical performance of a bright LEICA DC Lens in a highly compact point-and-shoot camera. Traditionalists will love the hands-on manual feel of a lens-mounted control ring and thumbwheel, plus the familiarity of an eye-level electronic viewfinder. The modern enthusiast will love the WiFi mobile device controllability and next-generation flexibility that 4K video and 4K PHOTO modes bring to the creative experience.
With 4x the quality of Full HD, 4K video records resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 pixels.
5-axis Correction / Tilt Correction
HYBRID O.I.S.+ uses 5-axis correction to fully suppress blurring
caused by unwanted handheld shaking. At the same time, Level Shot
function* automatically detects and corrects camera tilt to let you
record more confidently.
* Not available with 4K mode.
Advanced Image Processing
The Venus Engine in the LUMIX ZS100 is Panasonic's premier processor. It enables both high-quality image capture and the high-speed signal processing required for 4K video recording. Plus, it integrates superior noise reduction for improved sensitivity, gradation performance, resolution and color.
Capture Day and Night
Keep shooting into the night, with a large 1-inch 20.1-megapixel MOS sensor for more color, detail and clarity, even in low light.
High Speed Auto-Focusing
Panasonic's Depth From Defocus (DFD) Auto Focus (AF) technology instantly calculates subject distance, then drives the focus mechanism in one fast, continuous movement for faster AF speeds.
Low Light Auto Focusing
Low Light Auto Focus precisely adjusts focus even under moonlight. And Low light AF lets you capture stars in the night sky with auto focus.
Light Composition processing selects and saves brighter pixels to provide more dramatic imaging in situations like fireworks and nighttime scenery.
4K Live Cropping
With 4K Live Cropping for video, only the recording frame moves while the camera maintains a fixed position for greater stability while panning or zooming.
RAW File Processing
RAW-format images can be easily developed in-camera with adjustments for Color Space Setting (sRGB / AdobeRGB), White Balance, Exposure Compensation, Photo Style, Intelligent D-Range Control, Contrast, Highlight / Shadow, Saturation, Noise Reduction, Intelligent Resolution and Sharpness.
Difficult viewing and shot framing under harsh sunlight is eliminated with the built in 0.2-inch 1,166K-dot LVF (Live View Finder).
Capture Now, Focus Later
4K technology enables Post Focus function to refocus images after they are captured. Simply capture the scene, review the image on the camera's LCD and touch any portion of the photo to refocus.
The compact LUMIX ZS100 travels light with a heavy-duty list of features like a, crystal-clear LEICA zoom lens and innovative 4K Video / 4K PHOTO capture.
Powerful 10x LEICA DC VARIO-ELMART Zoom
The ZS100 features a world-renowned LEICA DC VARIO-ELMARIT 10x zoom lens, offering incredible flexibility with ranging from 25mm-250mm (35mm camera equiv.).
Never Miss That MOMENT Again with 4K PHOTO
4K video technology enables Ultra HD photography with the innovative 4K PHOTO feature. Simply capture ultra high-resolution 4K video at super-fast 30 frames per second, then press Play, Pause and Save to extract the exact instant you want from individual 4K video frames to create a 4K still image.
- PixelsActual: 20.9 Megapixel
- Effective: 20.1 Megapixel
- Sensor: 1" MOS
- File FormatsStill Images: JPEG, RAW
- Movies: AVCHD Ver. 2.0, MP4
- Audio: AAC, Dolby Digital 2ch
- Max Resolution 20 MP: 5472 x 3648
- Aspect Ratio1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9
- Image StabilizationOptical & Mechanical, 5-Way
- Lens Leica DC Vario-Elmarit, 12 elements in 10 groups
- 5 Aspherical
- EFL: 9.1-91mm (35 mm equivalent: 25-250mm)
- Aperture: f/2.8 (W) - 5.9 (T) to f/8
- ZoomOptical: 10x
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 14x
- Extra Optical Zoom (EZ): 20x
- Intelligent Zoom: 20x
- Digital: 4x
- Focus RangeWide: 1.64' (50 cm) - Infinity
- Telephoto: 2.30' (70 cm) - Infinity
- Wide Macro: 1.97" (5 cm) - Infinity
- Exposure Control
- ISO SensitivityAuto, 125-12800 (Extended Mode: 80-25600)
- ShutterType: Mechanical
- Speed: 60 - 1/2000 second
- Type: Electronic
- Speed: 1 - 1/16000 second
- 120 - 0 second in Time Mode
- Exposure MeteringCenter-weighted, Multi, Spot
- Exposure Modes Modes: Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority
- Compensation: -5 EV to +5 EV (in 1/3 EV steps)
- White Balance Modes Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Daylight, Flash, Incandescent, Shade, White Set 1, White Set 2, White Set 3, White Set 4
- Continuous ShootingUp to 50 fps at 20.1 MP
- Up to 10 fps at 20.1 MP
- Up to 6 fps at 20.1 MP
- Up to 2 fps at 20.1 MP
- Up to 30 fps at 8 MP
- Self Timer 10 Sec, 2 Sec
- Flash ModesAuto
- Auto/Red-eye Reduction
- Forced On
- Forced On/Red-eye Reduction
- Slow Sync
- Slow Sync/Red-eye Reduction
- Built-in FlashYes
- Maximum Effective Flash Range Wide: 1.97 - 26.25' (0.6 - 8 m)
- Telephoto: 2.30 - 12.47' (0.7 - 3.8 m)
- Memory Card TypeSD
- Video Recording Yes, NTSC
- Resolution3840 x 2160p: 30 fps, 24 fps
- 1920 x 1080p: 60 fps, 30 fps, 24 fps
- 1920 x 1080i: 60 fps
- 1280 x 720p: 30 fps
- 640 x 480p: 30 fps
- Video Clip LengthUp to 29 Min 59 Sec
- Audio RecordingBuilt-in Mic: With Video, Stereo
- Viewfinder TypeElectronic
- Viewfinder Coverage1
- Screen3.0" LCD Rear Touch Screen (1,040,000 pixels)
- Screen Coverage1
- Connectivity/System Requirements
- Connectivity HDMI D (Micro), Micro-USB, USB 2.0
- Wi-FiYes, 802.11b/g/n built-in
- Battery 1x Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1025 mAh
- Dimensions (WxHxD) 4.4 x 2.5 x 1.7" / 110.5 x 64.5 x 44.3 mm
- Weight 11.01 oz / 312 g with battery and memory card